• Correct Bite and Realign Jaw
• Minimize Your TMJ/TMD Symptoms
• Relieve Headaches, Jaw Neck and Shoulder Pain
• Recieve Longer-Lasting Dental Restorations
• Experience Dr. Bianchin's Knowledge of Going Beyond Traditional Dentistry
Is it difficult or painful to open your mouth? Does your jaw occasionally lock, so it is stuck open or closed? Do you notice clicking or popping when you open your mouth?
You may have a temporomandibular disorder (TMD). These disorders include problems of the chewing muscles, the jaw joint (called the temporomandibular joint or TMJ), or both. TMJ is becoming much more prevelant in today's stressful society. A doctor can prescribe an occlusal orthotic bitesplint or "bite guard" to treat your symptoms.
Dr. Bianchin can test you for TMD and provide therapy, including suggestions for simple self-care practices that are highly effective in relieving the discomfort. These include eating soft foods, applying heat or ice packs and avoiding extreme jaw movements. Effective, conservative treatments include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, physical therapy and oral appliances.